Friday, November 10, 2017

A NEW DAY, A NEW GOAL? SERIOUSLY?

Excuse the confusion shown in my title. That's my confusion, not yours.

I do believe in having daily goals, but as of late my goals have changed. For the past week, I've had three darling grandchildren here, two-year-old twins and their four-year-old brother. That said, my daily goal is simply to survive.

I really commend myself when I get a paragraph written, revised, or even thought about during nap time. I give myself an extra pat on the back if I get through a single meal without a single spill. By anyone, including me. I mean, right now, that ranks as a miraculous feat.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you all know why I may be slow in visiting your blogs, updating mine, or even thinking bloggy thoughts. I plan to get back to a normal schedule next week. Or maybe the week after, because next week I might be busy recuperating. How young I don't feel – I don't want to count the ways.

Happy thoughts!

14 comments:

  1. I understand that completely! Life is getting too frenetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I truly enjoyed having my grandchildren here. It was such a blessing of a week.

      Delete
  2. Surviving is a fantastic goal to have, LOL. Best of luck getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, but how lucky of you to have all those cute kiddos around. :) Enjoy, Deb. Family time is the best time. And when you have time to breathe again, we'll be here. :)
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and you are right. It is the best time. :-)

      Delete
  4. As wonderful as i'm sure grandchildren are, they take a lot out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surviving is the first step towards getting everything else done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very easy for real world concerns to keep someone from blogging or following other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens a lot. :-) But I do enjoy family time, and I wouldn't trade it.

      Delete
  7. Just make sure to breathe!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete